To celebrate a decade as Europe’s fastest-growing optical event, 100% Optical has announced a 10th anniversary prize scavenger hunt in collaboration with its exhibitors.
The interactive challenge will take place during the exhibition from 24-26 February 2024 at the ExCeL London, and will see 10 lucky visitors to the show take away unique optical prize bundles, featuring an incredible selection of frames, sunglasses, spectacle case holders, gadgets and optical fashion accessories.
Visitors will be invited to follow 10 clues, taking them to a series of locations around the UK’s largest optical event. Each riddle-like clue will pose an optical-themed question, along with instructions to go to a specific area. Visitors will need to crack the clue directing them to where they will find each letter, which, when unscrambled, will form a 10-letter word that visitors need to work out to enter the VIP prize draw.
10 incredible prizes have been supplied by the following exhibitors:
- Coti Vision Limited
A top-selling COTI Amore Italia Sole glasses chain, a stylish Italian COTI crossbody bag, and the iconic COTI Hexatate sunglasses made from eco-friendly material. Worth £236
- Bird Sunglasses Ltd
Alba – a smaller glasses frame that packs a whole lot of style. The translucent bio-acetate is coloured with natural dyes and brings a soft intelligent look, subtle enough to blend in while also being interesting enough to stand out. Worth £250
- Good Karma Eyewear
Sonos Move portable wireless multi-room speaker with Google Assistant and Alexa. Worth £399
- Premier Vision
The MCGEE | HERON pick box including 25 of the latest frames embracing the latest trends and seasonal colours. Worth £375
- Modstyle UK
An Australian care package featuring an AVANTI Sunglasses voucher, Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate, packs of Tim Tam biscuits, a jar of Vegemite and a Koala plush toy. Worth £200
Elevate your style with a touch of luxury and a pair of exquisite Chanel Sunglasses. Worth £646
- Marcolin UK Ltd
A Guess Le Femme bag featuring two chain shoulder straps, removable logo charms as well as a stylish zipped purse. Worth £135
A bespoke optical hamper featuring 20 top-selling Thea products. Worth over £268
A Rayner eye surgery preparation hamper including, AEON eye drops – indicated for use before and after eye surgery as well as a selection of Rayner products and a Cadbury’s chocolate hamper. Worth over £250
- Èyes Are The Story
A skincare essentials bundle that includes Eye Proof facial cleanser, Eye Proof facial serum, and Eye Proof refreshing towelettes.Worth £95.
The scavenger hunt will run across all three days of the exhibition; the winners of the prize bundles will be announced via the official 100% Optical social media channels after the show.
Marlon Cera-Marle, 100% Optical show director, said “We’re really looking forward to bringing some fun and even more excitement to the show in honour of our 10th anniversary celebrations. The team at 100% Optical wanted to give back to the visitors that attend our exhibition every year and we’re chuffed to reveal the incredible prizes put forward by some of our loyal exhibitors. We hope that many of our visitors take part in the challenge while they spend time navigating the 100% Optical next month and with visitor registration numbers currently tracking ahead of 2023 – we’re confident this will be our best celebration of all things optical yet.”
Celebrating a decade as the primary event for optometrists in the UK, 100% Optical 2024 is set to be the biggest yet attracting more than 10,000 optical professionals and eyewear enthusiasts from around the globe.
Visitors can expect features including:
- 100% Ophthalmology – new for 2024, a co-located event for ophthalmic surgeons and their wider teams, with a tailored education program and the latest equipment and instruments
- Live catwalk shows – over the three days, this fashion-orientated space will showcase the latest trends from exhibitors and their brands
- Future Practice Hub – sponsored by SpaMedica and Newmedica is dedicated to diagnostics, dispensing, and clinical skills
- Dispensing Workshop – a space for visitors to experience making and fitting frames first-hand
- Optical Academy – sponsored by Sense Medical | Canon, this provides CPD-accredited education targeted at the wider practice, from optical assistants to practice managers
- A world-class education program – including over 100 hours of CPD sessions across 12 diverse hubs in collaboration with the AOP, the event’s long-standing education partner
- 2024 Love Eyewear Awards – featuring 13 categories, the winners will be crowned on the first day of the show as well as an interactive social media filter created especially for the 10th-anniversary exhibition
- The Studio – sponsored by Nikon Lenswear UK, is a dedicated area to showcase a collection of the most inspirational worldwide brands featuring both independent and luxury eyewear
Join The Optical Journal and register for 100% Optical for free, go to https://100percentoptical-2024.reg.buzz.