As the 2016 Summer Olympics approach, be prepared for young girls wanting to become the next Olga Korbut, Mary Lou Retton, Cathy Rigby and more. Boys will want to be the next Mark Spitz, Michael Phelps, Matt Biondi. Another set will be focusing on Baseball, Football, Badminton and other ball sports. We all know what is going too happen.. every kid and adults too, say.. I can do that and wrestle, back- flip and try to emulate the trained Olympic Teams. While I don’t have eye-injury information we do know that in 2012 NBA star Tony Parker almost missed the London Olympics after almost losing his eye in a fight involving singer Chris Brown.
That said the Olympics begin August 5 – 21, 2016 in Sao Paulo, Brazil and this is a good time to batter up on your Sports and Eye Health Knowledge:
- What Types of Eye Injuries are attributed to what sports.
- Set up Sports Display Merchandising for the Olympics.
- Post signage on Types of Protective Eyewear/ and lenses should they wear to protect eyes.
- Consider having a Sports Trunk Show with a lens rep.
- Consider having ‘sports days’ to focus on particular events .
Tips on Improving Sport Performance: Lynn Hellerstein’s book on 50 Tips To Improve Sport Performance,