I’m a big believer in Free Stuff- mainly because I’m cheap. I’m tired of my taxes going into making landfills (about $23 Million to open up a new landfill) and tired of paying taxes to pick up illegal dumping. It is also a very eco friendly thing to do.
What can you find for your optical office?- Furniture, electronics- merchandise those windows with Free holiday decorations, optical display stands and more.
Where to Get Free Stuff?
- Craigs List
- Freecycle- join up and post what you are giving away and what you want he Freecycle Network™ is made up of 4,684 groups with 6,476,000 members across the globe. It’s a grassroots and entirely nonprofit movement of people who are giving (& getting) stuff for free in their own towns. It’s all about reuse and keeping good stuff out of landfills. Each local group is moderated by a local volunteer (them’s good people). Membership is free. To sign up, find your community by entering it into the search box above or by clicking on “Browse Groups” above the search box.
- Giving Away– great site- people list their give aways, curb alerts, by state and by products. Also a ‘Wanted’ section. This is a fairly new site, but keep watching it will grow!
- Green Eco Services– Has listing by state of various salvage yards, and reclaimed goods stores. Not free but still good info.
- Totally Free Stuff- You have to sign up and then they get your email and who knows what happens after that- but still- it’s free stuff
- Thunderfap- More free stuff – product samples and more