SmartOD and Jobson have collaborated to create a new ECP e-commerce solution that is scalable to offices large and small. MyODonline software company has created a retail e-commerce website solution for ECPs that is fully customizable. Each website will be modified for each business’s specific requirements.
The optical store will supply its own logo, choose its own frame lines, lens options, and prices for each and every item. Offices will have the flexibility to fulfill orders using any lab they choose. Patient payments will go directly into the office’s bank account. This B2C website will be incorporated and accessible on each individual companies’ website for consumers to access.
The new ECP e-commerce solution includes a virtual live frame try-on feature along or a sample of various model face sizes and shapes should your customers wish not to use their own cameras.
Headed up by the team at SmartOD, founded and run by Dr. Faive Kovalis, O.D., the new e-commerce site aims to give offices the following advantages:
- Adding cutting edge technology for Private Practice Optometry that was only available to large retailers in the past
- Adding an additional income stream to your office
- Providing a way for customers to browse frames while maintaining social distancing requirements whether before or after their appointment
- Allowing Opticians to interact with Patients and make sales online
- Ability to show patients a larger inventory of frames than what the office keeps in stock
- Providing your Patient with the convenience to shop for glasses 24/7
- Ability to offer Patients better prices by shopping online (if desired)
This new website solution is very affordable and gives the independent optical shop a cost-effective place to start their e-commerce journey. The office will pay $950 (~10 IT hours) as a one-time initial set-up fee to customize the website to load desired frames/lenses/prices/logo, to connect merchant services, and connecting the individual office’s website to the online retail store
There is a monthly maintenance fee of $199 that includes hosting, and website application and security updates.