SECO 20/20, the world’s leading annual conference providing the optometric profession outstanding educational opportunities since 1923, has enriched its already robust options for advanced learning. Launching at the 2020 conference, SECO will introduce diverse methods for idea sharing to support professionals to manage the changing landscape of clinical, technical, and administrative health care. These enhancements include the addition of new programs, new learning formats, and a strategic MedPro360 initiative in collaboration with the Allied Ophthalmic Professionals committees, SECO’s commitment to world-class education continues to be the foundation for the annual meeting.
“It is important that we continue to grow and evolve as an organization to meet the needs of our profession, our doctors, and all professionals working in the practice,” said Max Ernst, OD, President of SECO International, LLC. “We are proud of the caliber of education offered annually at SECO and we believe this next step will be instrumental in helping drive practices to the next level.”
- Advanced Learning Courses: 80+ courses developed for technicians, opticians, paraoptometrics and office administrators. These Advanced Learning Courses will teach every member of an optometry office staff best practices for patient care, practice management, and business-related best practices.
- Groundbreaking use of 3D Technology in the classroom: Optometric professionals will have the opportunity to learn and hear from world-renowned surgeon, Harvard’s John Miller, M.D, the latest surgical techniques using high definition, 3-D surgical videos.
- MedPRO360 Practice Management: 34+ courses developed to deliver business intelligence and strategy resources for all eye care professionals. Led by optometric business gurus, the already sold out facilitated learning labs are designed to provide peer-to-peer sharing among office professionals.
- Specs Buyer’s Certificate Program: 14+ hours of curated CE features interactive sessions on how to plan, purchase, promote and sell office frame inventory and drive marketing mix business decisions that will result in a profitable bottom line and loyal customers.
- Allied Healthcare Professionals “New to the Office Series”: This new, 6+ hours series of sessions will focus on key topics including for Opticians and Technicians and Ocular Anatomy, Technician, Optical, and Front Desk. This content will best serve new office staff and will provide tools and takeaways for cross-training office team members for efficiency.
- The VIP “Bring Your Team” Experience at SECO 20/20: Register five or more members of your team to attend SECO 20/20, and SECO will extend a variety of exclusive benefits including a discounted registration. For offer, details visit AttendSECO.com.
New registration packages allow attendees to invest in their profession. Packages are customizable to fit any budget. More information can be found at AttendSECO.com. For more information and to register for the world’s largest continuing education conference for ophthalmic professionals set for March 4-8, 2020 in Atlanta, GA, visit AttendSECO.com.
About SECO International
The annual SECO meeting is produced by SECO International, LLC, a wholly-owned subsidiary of the Southern Council of Optometrists, Inc. A nonprofit association founded in 1923, SECO boasts an approximate global membership of 25,000. The annual SECO Congress regularly attracts more than 6,000 national and international eye care professionals, vendors, and allied ophthalmic personnel. SECO International is widely acknowledged as the largest optometric educational meeting in the world.