- There are 133 Million Births Every Years or 247 Births every minute or 4 babies born every Second.
- 1 in 10 Children are at risk from undiagnosed eye and vision problems
- Only 13% of mothers with children younger than 2 years have taken their babies to an eye doctor
InfantSEE® is a public health program designed to ensure that eye and vision care becomes an integral part of infant wellness care to improve a child’s quality of life. Under this program, American Optometric Association (AOA) member optometrists will provide a comprehensive infant eye assessment within the first year of life as a no cost public health service.
I’ll tell what else- if you plug in InfantSEE into Google only 39,400 results come up! When I put InfantSEE in San Diego only 1,890 Results came up. What does that mean? If you are involved in InfantSEE, put it on your website or make sure it get published somewhere. There is little or no website competition for InfantSEE keyword.
Here’s what I think- there are a ton of babies being born everyday. These babies, their families and friends are potential long term patients. If you want to get involved in InfantSEE, educate yourself and staff on working with babies and start promoting your optical services to families with kids.
- Eye Problems in Babies by Patient UK
- What Can My Baby See- Smith Kettlewell Eye Research Institute
- Babies with Glasses