Now in its 24th year as one of the industry’s most well-recognized educational events, Transitions Academy 2020 will be held February 2 – 5 at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes in Orlando, Fla.
Industry professionals can earn an invitation to attend Transitions Academy 2020 through the following ways:
- Become a Transitions Innovation Award Finalist – The awards are open to optical industry professionals, educators, retailers, optical laboratories and independent eyecare professionals and practices. The Transitions Innovation Awards categories include: 2019 Transitions Brand Ambassador (individual-only award), Retailer of the Year, Eyecare Practice of the Year, Best in Training and Best in Marketing.
Nominations for all Transitions Innovation Awards will be accepted online (at TransitionsPRO.com/Awards) from October 1 – 31, 2019. To enter, candidates
must complete a nomination form and detail their 2019 efforts in the following evaluation areas: commitment and inspiration, goals, plan and creativity, and impact and results. Nominees are welcome to enter more than one category and can self-enter, or can be nominated by a lab, lens manufacturer, industry colleague or other industry organization representative. An Innovation Awards resource guide and past winner profiles are also available to assist interested industry professionals with the nomination process, as well as a structured way to focus on and track their goals throughout the year.
- Ask Your Lens Supplier Representative – Industry professionals should let their Transitions® lens supplier know they would like to register for Transitions Academy. Many lens suppliers are providing opportunities and promotions for customers to earn their way and attend.
- Become a Transitions Change Agent – Transitions Optical is recruiting eyecare professionals who are millennials or serve many millennial patients and are looking to change the conversations their peers and patients are having around Transitions Industry professionals interested in becoming a Transitions Change Agent can visit TransitionsPRO.com/ChangeAgent to apply.
- Request a Spot / Nominate Someone to Attend – Although Transitions Academy is an invitation-only event, Transitions Optical is reserving spaces for interested industry professionals from North America. Those interested can request to attend at com and more details regarding cost and arrangements will be provided.
- Join the Speaker’s Bureau – qualified industry speakers can email Transitions Customer service ([email protected]) to learn more about becoming a part of the Transitions Speakers Bureau and to inquire about Transitions Academy benefits.
About Transitions Academy
Transitions Academy is one of the most well-recognized and unique educational events in the optical industry. Each year, hundreds of industry professionals from across North America (and oftentimes across the globe) attend to participate in professional development and product technology workshops, hear from experts and educators on marketing and industry trends, and learn from their peers and partners during panel discussions.
About Transitions Optical
Transitions Optical is the leading provider of photochromic (smart adaptive) lenses worldwide, having been the first to successfully manufacture and commercialize plastic adaptive lenses in 1990. As a result of its relentless investment in research, development, and technology, Transitions Optical offers a wide variety of eyeglass lens and shield products, setting new standards of advanced performance to provide ever-increasing visual comfort and optimum harmful blue light protection, and always blocking 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
Product leadership, consumer focus, and operational excellence have made the Transitions® brand one of the most recognized consumer brands in optics. For more information about the company and Transitions® Light Intelligent Lenses™, visit Transitions.com or TransitionsPRO.com.