New York City, April, 2017 — Transitions Optical has announced the renewal of its Diversity Advisory Board members for 2017. This seven-member Board consists of eye health, cultural and style experts for each of the largest and fastest-growing ethnic groups in the U.S. and will help guide the Transitions Cultural Connections™ initiative.
“We are fortunate to have strong partners in our Diversity Advisory Board members, who share our commitment to helping eyecare professionals better understand and meet the vision care needs of an increasingly diverse population,” said Patience Cook, director, North America marketing, Transitions Optical. “Throughout the year, we will rely on these seven experts to ensure any resources or special events we plan are culturally appropriate and relevant.”
Returning Diversity Advisory Board members in 2017 include:
- Allert Brown-Gort – Senior Research Fellow, Institute for Work and the Economy
- Brian Chou, O.D., F.A.A.O. – EyeLux Optometry, San Diego
- Diana Canto-Sims, O.D. and Optician – Buena Vista Optical, Chicago
- Mila Ferrer – Co-founder of Familias con Diabetes and blogger for Jaime, mi dulce guerrero
- Edwin Marshall, O.D. M.S., M.P.H. – Professor Emeritus of Optometry and Former Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Multicultural Affairs, Indiana University
- Kirk Smick, O.D., F.A.A.O. – Chief of Optometry Services, Clayton Eye Center, Atlanta
- Vincent K. Young, M.D. – Chairman, Division of Ophthalmology, Albert Einstein Medical Center, Philadelphia
Transitions Optical provides its industry partners with the tools and education they need to better serve and improve communication with their culturally diverse patients. Resources are available free-of-charge to eyecare professionals at MyMulticulturalToolkit.com.
ABOUT TRANSITIONS OPTICAL
Transitions Optical is the leading provider of plastic photochromic (adaptive) lenses to optical manufacturers worldwide. Having been the first to successfully manufacture and commercialize plastic adaptive lenses in 1990, and as a result of its relentless investment in research and development and technology, Transitions Optical offers a wide variety of products, setting new standards of advanced performance to provide ever increasing visual comfort and UV protection.
Product leadership, consumer focus, and operational excellence have made the Transitions® brand one of the most recognized consumer brands in optics.
For more information about the company and Transitions lenses, visit Transitions.com or TransitionsPRO.com.
NOTE: For high resolution images, please contact Michael Battisti at 724-987-2640 or Michael.Battisti(at)havas.com