- The available research puts the figure at around 1% of the USA population.
- 2008: 0.5% of the population (6)
- 2006: 1.4% of the population (5)
- 2003: 1.8% of the population (4)
- 2000: 0.2% of the population (3)
- 2000: 0.9% of the population (2)
- 1997: 1.0% of the population (1)
- VRG estimates that 30-40 percent of the country’s consumers are a good market for meatless items. From 4-10 percent call themselves vegetarians.
In tooling around the Internet- I found this Contact Lens Product Supplier- Clear Conscience. Clear Conscience Vegan Contact Lens products was established in 1998 to provide quality, safe products for contact lenses that are cruelty-free. Company policy ensures that all suppliers are also committed to product safety testing without the use of animals. 10% of all proceeds donated to non-profit animal welfare and environmental organizations.
- Currently Clear Conscience contact lens products are available in select health food and natural product stores nationwide. Products may also be purchased direct on-line or by calling 800-595-9592 or by e-mail at[email protected] . The website is WWW.CLEARCONSCIENCE.COM OR CALL STEPHEN BARTELL AT 800-595-9592.
- By purchasing Clear Conscience contact lens cases a contribution is made to the Born Free USA, in addition to the Clear Conscience policy of donating 10% of all proceeds to various animal-welfare organizations.
Here’s what I think- what a great Talk Factor- what a great competitive edge- why let your optical patients go to a natural food store, when they can get it from you!