Gathering emails is one of the most important things that any business owner should be doing. In fact, getting emails should be a company focus and include everyone in the office. Every single interaction with a patient or potential, old and new should include getting an updated email address.
- 74% Online adults who prefer email over direct mail for commercial communications | Source
- 66% Online consumers that have made a purchase as a result of an email Source
- 43% Emails opened on mobile devices Source
- 23.63% Emails opened within an hour of being received
- 53% of total email opens occurred on a mobile phone or tablet in Q3 2014. Experian “Quarterly email benchmark report” (Q3 2014)
- 48% of email is now opened on a mobile device Litmus –”Email Analytics” (Jan 2015)
- By 2018, 80% of email users are expected to access their email accounts via a mobile device. – The Radicati Group “Email Statistics Report, 2014-2018″
Talking about the importance of email with your staff is the first step. Once they realize how important email marketing is to the overall financial health of the practice, they will hopefully step up to the plate. 2nd thing to do is remember this is about your patients not you.
11 Helpful Hints on How To Gather Emails
- When they sign in have on the form: Name, Phone and Email.
- Ask your patients how they would like to be contacted via Text, Email or Phone.
- Make sure you have their email in your patient records and it is correct.
- If you have an online scheduler, make sure they put in their email 1x and reconfirm their email .
- Ask returning patients to update their records.
- Ask patients if they would like you to email their receipts.
- You might ask them for their Social Media sites, as you might want to follow them as well.
- If you are advertising via Facebook, TV, print or radio, they must submit their email to win.
- Have a Raffle in which they have to submit their email to win.
- Put up a tab in your Facebook Page to Subscribe.
11.) If they are reluctant, just tell them you send out Birthday Surprises. (Make sure you do that)
- Optometry And Optician Email Marketing: Article on Best Practices on implementing an email marketing campaign.